#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. It’s is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together—to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
Ways You Can Help Special Needs Families:
- Check in with kids. Keep kids connected. Set up a Zoom call to do homework together, have a quick story time, or just talk about their day.
- Check in with parents. Parents need connection, too. Take some time to check in via phone or text, or set up a virtual happy hour and them vent away.
- Help with errands. Offer to pick up some supplies on your grocery run and drop them off (while keeping the proper social distance, of course).
- Educate yourself about special needs. Take some time to read up sensory sensitivities. (Our ongoing Sensory Spotlight series is a great place to start!)
- Make a donation to a cause or organization that benefits special needs kids and their families.
Donations to Twenty-One Senses will allow us to provide our new virtual parent coaching service to families in need. This includes personalized, one-on-one sessions with parents of special needs children, empowering them to rise to these unique challenges by focusing on e-learning, self-regulation, empathy, resilience, mindful communication, problem-solving, and self-care. How far can your gift go?