The DePaul University Theatre School offers shows that are accommodated for and geared towards kids with different abilities. Every show will include one sensory friendly performance, including accommodations such as low noise and soft light. Performances interpreted in American Sign Language will be offered along with assistive listening devices. The theatre also provides a live audio description of the visual and physical events onstage in order to accommodate children who are blind or have low vision. The location is wheelchair accessible. On the day of the performance, there will also be an insert included in the program that will detail the dayâs expectations â house lights at half, any moments that might be surprising, and the location of a quiet area. Patrons are free to stand, move, and enter or exit the theatre as needed.
Types of Support:
|Sensory-Friendly Hours||Plan Your Visit|
- Social Stories are available to review prior to your visit.
- Headsets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Fidgets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Calm Space is available at this location.
- Sensory App is available for this location.
- Sensory Map is available to understand the location from a sensory perspective.
Chicago, IL 60614
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.