The zoo is an exciting, stimulating place with unique opportunities to hear, see, and maybe even smell wildlife. Sometimes these experiences occur much closer than guests may anticipate. For a less hectic visit with possibly better animal viewing, early mornings, weekdays, and the fall and winter seasons are good times to visit the zoo.
*Free Event All Ages*
July 24 from 8-10am, Lincoln Park Zoo is offering Sensory-Friendly Morning hours for guests with disabilities to experience the zoo grounds and animal buildings in a comfortable and inclusive environment. Modifications include limited capacity and muted attractions. This is a free event, but it does require advanced registration. Be sure to check out their accessibility page for additional accommodations (noise cancelling headphones, fidgets, weighted lap pads, sunglasses, etc) and information to help plan your visit
Types of Support:
|Sensory-Friendly Hours||Learn More|
- Social Stories are available to review prior to your visit.
- Headsets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Fidgets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Calm Space is available at this location.
- Sensory App is available for this location.
- Sensory Map is available to understand the location from a sensory perspective.
Chicago, IL 60614
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.