The Children’s Garden welcomes guests of all abilities and strives to create a safe, enjoyable, and engaging experience for all. Guests who have sensory processing needs may borrow (at no cost by leaving an ID) a sensory bag containing headphones, fidgets, visuals, and other calming tools. These sensory bags can be checked out in the Visitor’s Center or from any Children’s Garden staff or volunteer team member. There is also an upcoming summer event called Nature Play for All, which is organized in collaboration with SEASPAR- the South East Association for Special Parks and Recreation. During this visit, individuals can play, wonder, and explore nature through accessible activities. This event will take place on June 11th and June 12th and is free with Arboretum admission.
Types of Support:
|Sensory-Friendly Hours||Learn More|
- Social Stories are available to review prior to your visit.
- Headsets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Fidgets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Calm Space is available at this location.
- Sensory App is available for this location.
- Sensory Map is available to understand the location from a sensory perspective.
Lisle, IL 60532
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.