Once a month, on Thursday evenings, the Museum offers “Play Your Way” sessions where the museum is open after hours for those that would benefit from a quieter and less crowded experience. During this time, the staff sets up exhibits that tone down the bright lights and loud noises.
The museum also has multiple calm areas, as well as headsets to quiet loud noises that can be made available to you at the welcome desk upon entry or by one of the theatre ushers.
Types of Support:
|Adaptive Programming||Play Your Way- Sensory Hours|
|Sensory-Friendly Hours||Play Your Way- Sensory Hours|
- Social Stories are available to review prior to your visit.
- Headsets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Fidgets are available to borrow while at the location.
- Calm Space is available at this location.
- Sensory App is available for this location.
- Sensory Map is available to understand the location from a sensory perspective.
Portland, ME 04101
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.